Powerful Tools for Teaching and Learning: Web 2.0 Tools
In this course you will learn about a wide variety of Web 2.0 tools to use in your teaching and learning. Web 2.0 tools provide innovative ways to communicate, present content, and collaborate with others in creative ways. Web 2.0 tools are easy to learn, use, and implement, and many are free. This course will not only introduce you to popular Web 2.0 tools like Edmodo, Twitter, Voicethread, and Skype in K-16 instruction, but you will also learn how to effectively integrate these technologies into your classroom practices and create engaging student activities. [Source]
Description of Assignments
The course’s assignments included weekly discussions of pertinent Web 2.0 tools and their effectiveness, weekly self-reports that related to the discussions, weekly quizzes on the material, and a mini action research plan project that involved choosing an appropriate and convenient Web 2.0 tool to address an instructional problem in the classroom.
Mini Action Research Plan
One of the course assignments involved a mini action research plan with the following learning objectives:
- Identify an instructional problem in your classroom.
- Describe all aspects of the problem: your learners, the classroom/school, and the goals of your instruction
- Select an appropriate Web 2.0 tool that matches the problem.
- Build an approach to address the problem.
- Employ the plan in your classroom.
- Describe what happens after implementation.
- Examine on the effects of this approach on the problem with your reflections.
I received a certificate for completing the course with a 100%.
Student Grade Report
Here is my student grade report that shows the grades I received for each assignment and project.
- Student Grade Report
- Received a 100% on all assignments.